Monday, July 28, 2008

wedding planning weekend #2

So this past weekend, I made yet another trek to Pampa/Amarillo, for the oh so "fun" planning!

Here is a brief run down of the weekend....


Of Course we had to reprise the crack adventure...

After a fantastic lunch, we started our cake tasting adventure...but we were first greeted with something that we still have no clue what it is...

After greeting our new friend, we tried out the first location...

(note-there is not a cake person in pampa, so a search has begun for finding a fantastic cake!)

The cake was good, but the icing was just a little too almondy tasting...

Our next stop, was ...

And considering the fact that my mom, dad, and I nearly demolished the entire 6-inch cake in about 10 minutes, we decided this cake was like tasting heaven...It was like crack...I've almost decided that they put crack in the icing...they call it "powdered sugar"








After we began to recover from our sugar coma, we moved on to the highlight of the weekend....


(don't worry susanne...I want to see it like 10 more times)


My dad...may not have been as excited....



but after the 2-ish hours of complete joy and abba, he quickly changed his mind!


So this is a great account of this past weekend....not much was accomplished except eating a ton of fantastic cake and watching one of the greatest movies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you had me worried there, Kelley! I am really looking forward to seeing Mamma Mia...and more wedding planning stuff. :) Glad you found a cake. Hmmm...only 3 more months until we can taste it for ourselves. :)

Katie said...

Well, welcome to the blogging world! This is so exciting to hear about all your wedding plans! I am so happy for you two!!!