Friday, May 15, 2009

GM

EDIT:

Praise God!!  There was no fed ex letter delivered to my dad today!  He doesn't think it means he's completely out of the woods yet, but the 2 dealerships that will close, will hopefully only add to his chances of keeping his GM franchise.  Now just prayers for the tens (to maybe even hundreds) of thousands of people that found out they will be unemployed soon.  My heart is breaking for them and for the owners' who have put blood, sweat, and tears into a company that is saying, "We don't want you anymore."  

---------------------------

As some of you might know, my family has owned and operated a GM dealership for the past 85 years.  It grew to include a Toyota franchise in the early 90's.  

85 years, and we may find out today if they would be forced to close the GM part.  

Prayers for my dad and mom.  There whole life is this dealership.  My great-grandfather made it through the depression, my grandfather made it through the 70's, and my dad has continued building this dealership into an thriving business that it is (or was before the economy decided to roll over and die).

So today I'm on pins and needles for a phone call, that could change everything my family has ever known.

---------------------

And thanks everyone for their kind words yesterday.  A combination of 3 hours of sleep + tons of stress + unexpected criticism = a sad kelley about ready to give up.

But today is a new day.

5 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear this.

I do hope and pray that the news is not bad. Wow, what a tradition.

I love meeting new nurses, nice to meet you ")

Peds, wow, I really admire you!!!

~Julie

Whitney said...

I'm praying for your family! I work in a similar industry and I know how scary it is! Let us know when you hear!

McBee said...

Yikes! You're in my thoughts Kelley!

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW I'M PRAYING FOR THEM.

The Whiteds said...

Hope it goes well! We'll talk soon.