Thursday, November 26, 2009

A time to reflect on all of my blessings

As this posts, we will be driving to Texas to see family and friends. This past year we have been so incredibly blessed and I just wanted to share these blessings with you all.

I am blessed....

-to have a wonderful husband who loves me even on my worst days!
-to have amazing parents. No matter how old I get, I can't imagine not needing my mom and dad. They are the reason I am the person I am today. They provided me with so much, and taught me so many amazing lessons.
-to have amazing in-laws.
  • Amy, you remind me to laugh about everything. You have raised wonderful children and I am so blessed that your son chose to put up with me. I know you have been through so much this year alone. The love that you and Steve shared is something that many people never experience, and those memories will be there with you always. You continue to amaze me with your strength during the past year, I just wish there was more we could do! Thank you for accepting me into your life.
  • James and Kara, you both have given so much of yourselves to us and I am forever grateful. From the moment I first met you both, I knew that I had been accepted into a wonderful family. Thank you for welcoming me and providing me with so much love!

-to have a strengthen relationship with my brother (in part because of his awesome wife). We fought so much, but you are still my brother. I look forward to the new chapter in our lives now that we both are married and getting along! And thanks for finding me an wonderful sister-in-law!

-to my wonderful sisters-in-law,brothers-in-law, nieces, and nephews.

  • Melissa and Aaron - Thank you for just being down right awesome! You teach us so much about dealing with life during the good and bad times! I am so happy that you will finally be welcoming a precious little Wee Wag in the future! I can't wait to meet him or her! And tell him or her, how awesome their Aunt Kelley is!
  • Jennifer - I think you are pretty much fantastic! Thanks for always making me laugh, and for having such an wonderful son! (Caleb, remember I'm your favorite red-headed aunt!).
  • Robert - We are praying for you, and whatever you need, we are here for you! I look forward to getting to know you better!
  • Lindsy - Can't wait to meet that little man in your belly! You have raised wonderful kids, and we are here for you!
  • Danielle - you are a rock star! Need I say more?

-for our jobs. Even if I complain, I am incredibly thankful for having one, when so many around us don't!

-for having a roof over our head, food in our tummy (and on my hips, gut, and thighs), and getting to sleep in our incredible California king mattress again!

-for the little joys we experience daily! I have a wonderful Health Assistant at each of my schools, who bless me daily with different things. They encourage me and help me to feel welcome here!

-for amazing friends who continue to remember about us, even though we moved to another state! Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!

-for my faithful readers! It's one of the highlights of my day, when I have comments! Thank you for caring enough to read about my senseless postings!

-my silly Max. You are a doofus...but I still love you!

-for a wonderful and loving God. This has been a difficult year for us, but even when things were at the absolute worst, He provided every step of the way. I know that if I will just put my COMPLETE faith in Him, I will never be disappointed.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Yay! What a sweet post! Are you coming Dallas way???

Marmie said...

What a lovely post. Thanks for reminding us to be thankful for everyone and everything in our lives.

Melissa said...

We are thankful for you too Kelley!