Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thoughts for today...

Phew...it has been almost a YEAR since I last blogged!  I knew it had been a while, but really had no idea that I had completely fallen off the face of blogger!

So much has happened, and I have written so many posts in my head during the last several months, and here's hoping I can stick to blogging and updating the family and friends that might still read this!

Instead of a "What I have been up too" post, I am just going to jump into what I have on my mind right now!

For so long I have prayed and asked God to not feel so lonely and isolated, to bring people into my life that would serve as family since ours is so far away.  I didn't really have any close friends here in the desert for a LOOONG time.  And slowly over the 4 years we have been here, God has placed some amazing people in my life!

I feel I have such a full heart from the friendships that have come my way, and many of them in just the last few months.  However, I feel inundated lately with lots of doubt and unhappiness.

I was listening to KLOVE the other day, and they were interviewing an artist who had recently gotten married.  He was discussing the best marriage advice her received and it was


"don't write a story where there isn't one"


Mind blown

Like seriously, how had I never heard this before....in so few words that make total and complete sense.

I know that this was a huge area in our marriage in the earlier years, and is still something I struggle with occasionally.  However now, I am struggling with it in friendships that are newer, and maybe not so new...

So I am working on this....because I know there is so much good from these people, and so much that I can learn.  I don't want to ruin it with negative thoughts and doubt.


And to leave you with my new favorite family photo!  Here is our TWO year old!  Seriously, where does the time go!





5 comments:

The Whiteds said...

love love love this family picture!
Missing you my dear sweet friend! :) I wish we were closer so our crazy baby girls could be buddies!

Brittney Galloway said...

Awww I love it! Thanks for posting! That is really a great quote to think on...

~M~ said...

Love KLove! Air One is great too!!

Calamity Lace said...

Love the positive thoughts and welcome back!

Bandi said...

So....i MIGHT have needed to read this as I struggle to find where we "fit" in oklahoma. Thanks, friend. Love the picture!