Saturday, April 18, 2009

and now he leaves me....

This morning was incredibly painful.  He's gone.  Off to the location of our future.  Our southwestern neighbor.  

We have done the long distance thing so many times before.  We have said "see you soon," more times than I care to think about.  Our first year of dating I was in Abilene, he was in Socorro.  Our second year, I was in Albuquerque, he was still in Socorro.  Our third year, I was in Albuquerque, he was in Albuquerque, but also traveling with work.  Now our first year of marriage will be partially apart.  It's a choice we made, so I could take advantage of my retirement, take some real time to search for a job, spend some real time with my amazing friends I've made in Albuquerque, and try to sell our house.

My heart is aching.

Through all of this I realize what amazing people I have met during my almost 3 years here.   They have all pledged to take care of me while he's gone.  It brings tears to my eyes to think of how I will be leaving these amazing people in less than 2 months.  Life was never meant to be easy.  I think one of the hardest parts of today was realizing that my future in Albuquerque is coming to an end.  Watching that stuffed-to-the-gills Camry drive off with the man I love caused me to stop being in denial about the future.  Albuquerque will not be our home come July.  But we have been blessed beyond measure during our time here and with our future.   

Thank you God for bring us through our "winter."  

EDIT...

Please keep Rhett in your prayers.  While I'm blessed to have so many people here to support me during this time, he is totally alone in Tucson.  Prayers for him to remain safe and meet some people that will make this transition time less difficult!  

4 comments:

katie said...

Ohhh sweet girl! Your post made me cry on a day when I'm already feeling emotionally unstable.

You will make new wonderful friends in Tucson and you will still have great friends in The Land of Enchantment.

Call me later on my friend. Some cheering up is in order.

McBee said...

Arrgh! I'm not even ready to think about this!!!
I'm sorry Kelley-you and Rhett both are in my thoughts.

Jon and Steph said...

That is so tough! Believe me I completely understand! I hope that the transition goes well for you both!

I'll keep you both in my prayers!

My best friend lives in Tucson. You guys will have to meet!

Cyndi said...

Kelly, It is you who have been the blessing to so many Albuquerque folks, especially me. I love you like a daughter. You and Rhett will be so missed but I know you'll do great. Cyndi