Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday songs...

I grew up in a relatively traditional Methodist church. I have come to love the songs that have been bound inside the the United Methodist Hymnal. Just hearing certain ones can bring me incredible joy, move me to tears, and speak to my soul. It never fails that whatever burdens I may bring to church with me, I find that at least one of the songs reminds me that God is right there next to me.

In church this morning there were 2 songs that really spoke to me.  I decided that it may do the same for you....whatever baggage you might be bringing with you.

The Spirit Song

O let the Son of God enfold You
With His Spirit and His love
Let Him fill your heart and satisfy your soul
O let Him have those things that hold You
And His Spirit like a dove
Will descend upon your life
And make you whole

(chorus)
Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill Your Lambs
Jesus, O Jesus, come and fill Your Lambs

O come and sing this song with gladness
As your hearts are filled with joy
Lift your hands in sweet surrender
To His name
O give Him all your tears and sadness
Give Him all your years of pain
And you'll enter into life
In Jesus' name



And...

He Leadeth Me

He leadeth me! O blessed thought,
O words with heav'nly comfort fraught;
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
Still 'tis Christ's hand that leadeth me.

He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.

Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur or repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.

And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict'ry's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
Since Thou in triumph leadest me.


I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.  It's an absolutely gorgeous day here.  I plan to enjoy it to its fullest!

No comments: