Friday, July 24, 2009

What comes out of boredom?

PROJECTS!

For Valentine's Day/My birthday Rhett bought me a sewing machine. This being back in FEBRUARY, I decided that I should bust it out for the first time on monday! Yes....5 months later, I finally used my machine!

I'm loving making new things and here are my projects to date!

An apron...




An Amy Butler bag that I LOVE! So does Max!
And a not so cute pincushion! The fabrics looked a lot better in the store than the finished product, but it was something to practice with!




Any other tips on things to do while unemployed?

Happy Friday!

7 comments:

The Whiteds said...

start scrapbooking the new house :)

cute bag and apron!

Brittney Galloway said...

I love the apron! We already crated all of my sewing stuff, but I can imagine how that could be a great boredom buster! Get Netflix and go through a tv season you always wanted to see!

katie said...

That blue purse looks awesome!!

I'm not very good at entertaining myself. I read, lay by the pool, get pedi's, window shop, sip iced tea at starbuckles with a magazine, hmmm, I'm totally going to do this stuff next week on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Make a purse for your mother in law---Marmie

~M~ said...

Make more stuff and sell it on Etsy!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I love the apron!!! I pray u find a job soon!

Cyndi said...

Great job sewing and using creative fabric color designs. I love it.