Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random Labor thought...

So this baby is due to make her appearance any day now...and I have one question that runs through my head constantly.

What would I do if my water broke in a public place?

Would I feel the need to ask for a mop and clean it up before going to the hospital?

Would I freak out, say screw this, and get out while my amniotic fluids are collecting on the floor?

I know that for most women, you are already at the hospital before your water breaks, but folks...I'm not most women.

I am quite the hot mess....


So my question to you all is, what should I do if my water breaks in a public place?

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

I've never been in this predicament, but I have thought often about it with each pregnancy. I think most of the time your clothes are just going to look like you peed yourself, which should give you plenty of time to get the heck out of dodge before the waterworks start. ;) I've had my water broke early on with 1 baby, and then it broke naturally right before delivery, and I can tell you that you most definitely want the latter to happen! A lot less painful!

The Whiteds said...

Not worry about it and just go to the hospital. :) I'm sure all will work out. I've never been in that situation but worried about it too, and worry about it with this pregnancy too. My big worry is that it breaks while picking Kate up at preschool! We love you and know you are anxious to meet your little girl! We are too! ;)

LWLH said...

I would probably just scream 'CLEAN UP IN AISLE 5" and haul ass out of there and to the hospital. :)

Hopefully you won't have to go through that.