Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to make...

Spice Tea!

Over Thanksgiving I caught a fungus....and by fungus I mean a cold.  All I wanted was some Spice tea, because I truly believe that it's a cure all for a sore throat!  AND it's delicious!  So I finally made it today....long after my sore throat was gone, but you see it's chilly out here in the desert, and chilly mornings deserve spice tea as well!

Now the recipe!

1-1/4 cups Tang (yes Tang!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup instant tea with lemon (I couldn't find any with lemon, so I just used unsweetened instant tea)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground cloves
1/8 t salt



Mix all the ingredients together and put in a storage container.  Add 2-3 spoonfuls to a mug and then add hot water.  Mix and enjoy (it's good for the soul)!  I added some lemon juice to mine and it tasted delicious!!


2 comments:

katie said...

Ooo sounds tasty!! I'm a dork because I saw your mug and thought: "wow, what a beautiful coffee cup" and then "sorta looks familiar" and THEN "oh yeah, I know those. I have then at my house already!"

LWLH said...

That kinda sounds good, I will have to try this! :)