I typically don't make any. Mainly because I don't follow through and they usually involve losing weight, and I find it very annoying to try and get fit when the rest of the world is trying to do the same thing (mainly when it comes to the gym being overcrowded!).
However, I've decided that this year will be different. I want to DO more, LEARN more, and CHANGE things for the better. So maybe it's worth writing it all down, in an attempt to motivate myself in a month when I will need it!
And without further ado....
12 or 13 Goals for 2012
- Do some form of physical exercise every day that I am not working (5 days out of the week). Preferably a walk outside so both Annie and I can get some vitamin D.
- Try 12 new healthy foods (that would be 1 a month, does anyone have any suggestions to get us started?) Here's hoping that both Rhett and I like at least a few of them?!
- Try to carve out 1 afternoon/night a month to have a date night with the hubs. Being so far away from any family has made it difficult to justify leaving Annie to spend time with just us 2. We know it's so important, and I really miss getting to go see movies!
- Read 12 new books (that aren't mainly pictures books with a few lines that rhyme). Any suggestions?
- Turn off the tv a little more often, or at least cut back on some of the mind numbing reality tv that I watch. (And when our contract ends with Direct TV maybe just get rid of it....again).
- Get more comfortable using my sewing machine. I want to complete 24 projects before the end of the year. Thank you pinterest for the inspiration!
- Blog at least once a week....if for no other reason than to document Annie's milestones for our family.
- Keep a better record of Annie's life. I've done a pretty poor job during her first 5 months....here's hoping I do a better job over the next year.
- Finish up the wedding and baby scrapbook that a sweet friend started for me! (seriously all I have to do people is add the pictures!!)
- Cook more healthy meals for us. And try a new recipe every week!
- Strengthen the friendships that I have made in Tucson and in all other aspects of life. Also, I want to set aside time every week to talk/skype/email our family!
- Become better stewards of our money. If we hope to become a 1 income household in the next year or so, we need to budget better, save more, be better and more consistent about tithing.
- Attempt to read the Bible in 1 year, but if that doesn't happen, at least spend time in the Word every day, growing, learning, and applying the scripture in my day to day life.
Phew...well if you made it through reading all of those I am impressed! Here's to a productive and memorable 2012!